As a certified specialist I restrict my legal practice to municipal law, both local government and planning and development. I have well over 30 years of experience in this field. I have represented municipalities and government and bring that experience to bear when representing clients who have issues with those bodies. As a sole practitioner I offer affordable quality legal services. I offer free initial consultation to ensure that you require the service and so that the scope of the services can be clearly defined and understood. I often work with other lawyers to help to provide full client services. For instance, I have worked with real estate lawyers to address neighbour related matters including fences, retaining walls and noise disputes . My practice includes: Attending before the Ontario and Superior courts on applications, appeals and prosecutions, Attending before municipal committees and councils such as the Committees of Adjustment, Property Standard Committees the Toronto Local Appeal Board, Attending before various Provincial Administrative tribunals involving municipal law including the Ontario Land Tribunal, the Niagara Escarpment Commission and the Ontario Fire Code Commission, Advice and representation on: o Zoning bylaw, Official Plan or other Planning Act matters o Municipal licensing matters, o Trees, bylaw issues, boundary trees, o Provisions under Ontario statutes such as Expropriations Act Ontario Heritage Act ,Ontario Building Code Act Municipal Elections Act and Municipal Conflict of interest Act
Certified Specialist – Municipal Law Local Government Land Use Planning and Development Law
M. Virginia MacLean, K.C., L.S.M., C.S. Barrister & Solicitor
© Copyright 2010-2024 M. Virginia MacLean
Disclaimer: The material on this website does not constitute legal advice. See Terms of Use.
For the best legal advice and representation on municipal matters contact a specialist in Municipal Law certified by the Law society of Upper Canada with decades of experience.